Raggio & Raggio, PLLC214 880-7500
AboutAttorneysExpertiseDivorceContact Us
News BlogArticlesLinksTestimonials

Raggio Family Law Articles

Dallas Divorce Courts' Mediation Policies






Some helpful hints and suggestions:

  1. Hand-deliver or mail the Order appointing Family Court Services to conduct mediation or the social study directly to Family Court Services, 2nd Floor, George Allen Courts Building, 600 Commerce St., Dallas, Texas, 75202. The Court Clerks do no routinely forward orders to Family Court Services.
  2. An Order must be signed by a District Judge or Associate Judge. A Masters or Associate Judge's Recommendation Sheet is not sufficient. The Court won't sign the order until the required fees have been paid.
  3. For social studies, the fee is paid in the Child Support Office on the 1st Floor of the George Allen Courts Building. The social study cannot begin until the fee is paid. If the fee is waived by the Court, bring that to the attention of Family Court Services. Fee receipts are picked up every afternoon by Family Court Services.
  4. Complete all information requested on any forms - including fax numbers.
  5. For mediation, deliver the completed and signed Order to Family Court Services no later than the Friday prior to the time the client is scheduled to attend orientation. (Orientation is held on Tuesdays). Schedule orientation when you deliver the Order.
  6. If your trial is scheduled more than 4 months after the social study has been completed, a new court order is needed if an update is requested by either party. A $100.00 fee may be assessed for the update.
  7. Notify the Family Court Services counselor of the trial date in adequate time for them to schedule for the court appearance. Issue a subpoena.

There is a 15-page booklet entitled "Attorney's Guide to Family Court Services" available at Family Court Services that will help answer most of your questions.


Remember that IF an agreement is reach that in all cases there must be an order for the Judge to sign that makes the agreement the order of the Court.

Other Articles